Caller ID with two names
eaculver

With two last names on account and two full  names listed in directory, why isn't it possible to have caller ID show both last names in a household?

Asked another way, why isn't the switch capable of fields for this data?

Asked another way, how many characters are in the space for a caller ID name?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID with two names
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

eaculver,

What happens is the department that is responsible for entering the CallerID data into the database goes soley by your account information.  So even though more than one person may have "access" or "permission" on an account, if the account was opened in someone else's name, that is the name that will show on the CallerID.

A request can be made to have a change made to an account.

As for the number of characters that can be displayed, I'm not 100% certain on that.  The department that can answer that is closed and will not reopen until after the weekend.

If this info suffices, great.  However, if you'd like more info, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
eaculver

Chris,

Thanks for your comments.

However, these are items already understood and although someone in Verizon support has attempted to help, my caller ID is still wrong.

And I still don't have answers to my three questions above.

Be great if you can help!

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

Please check Private Messages...

0 Likes
eaculver

Our caller ID is still not working right.

I have called and opened a trouble ticket, which was supposed to fix it, but it hasn't.

Thanks Chris for offering to help....what can you suggest next?

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

The Caller ID display is taken from the LIDB (Line Information Data Base) and is almost always the name as (would be) listed in the telephone directory (single name/primary listing). Unless there is some unusual circumstance (eg court or protective order) the name is not changed.

0 Likes