Caller ID
Milliepede

Does anyone have ANY idea why two months ago my Caller ID just stopped working? VZ support says my service is "programmed correctly," and there's no resolution in sight. Is there some kind of new system that isn't compatible with Caller ID, something that may have happened in my phone hook-up? I've purchased two new phones now and they both register "no data" when I plug them in to the jack, the Caller ID doesn't work, although we make and receive calls just fine. Does this sound like something anyone else has come across? How did you resolve this? I just want Caller ID back.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
Valerij46

We just lost our caller ID feature today & it is very frustrating.  I coincidentally just activated the Verizon Call Assistant yesterday & it took effect today around the time our Caller ID feature stopped working.  I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, but I am just thinking about cancelling the Verizon Call Assistant altogether, we'll see.  Did you sign up for Verizon Call Assistant?  I hope it works out for you.  If I get it fixed, I will message back to you.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have had Call Assistant for 4 to 5 months and have not lost Caller ID. One thing that has changed some time in the recent past, maybe around the time we got Call Assistant I don't know, is that calls from cell phones now show up only as "Texas", no other name, but the calling cell number is correct. I am pretty sure that originally we saw the actual name for the number calling.

Sorry, no help here, but at least I can confirm that you can have Caller ID work with Call Assistant.

Hope you get it fixed.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
Valerij46

Thank you for your reply.  I will see if Verizon can help me before I cancel the VCA feature.  I did look into my phone information on the internet and they did say to make sure that my phone is not tied into a computer & with the VCA it is tied in now.  We'll see.  We had to hold for Verizon so long that we ended up hanging up.  I will have to try again. 

Thanks again.

Val

0 Likes
nocallerid

Ever since I switched to Verizon, my caller id works 1) perfectly on one phone 2) not at all on another phone 3) intermittently on a third phone (if I unplug and plug in it works for a while, then stops).  No change, however, in what is displayed.

This isn't exactly your problem, but any ideas would be helpful (anyone from Verizon out there???)

0 Likes