Switch Account

Caller ID

Contributor Sdrt101
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(4,202 Views)

I have two phone lines at home. One is used for a business. What do I have to do/change so that when I make a call from the business phone the business name shows on the receivers caller ID and not my personal name.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(4,146 Views)

The name info that gets displayed is taken from the billing name/info of any phone originating a call. If both numbers are billed in 'YOUR NAME' (rather than the BUSINESS NAME) then that is what gets delivered as CID.

Is your business phone listed in your own name; or is it listed in the BUSINESS NAME? IS it in fact listed & billed as a business line --or is it improperly listed and billed as a 2nd residential line. SInce you indicate that both lines are in YOUR HOME, my guess is that you simply ordered 2 residential lines --and not the more expensive BUSINESS phone.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor MisplaceDreamer
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(4,087 Views)

yeah thats right. lol

if you do a regrade from res to bus you an have that changed. ^_^

otherwise, your name stays.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.