Caller ID
ambruno1132

Has there been any resolution with Caller ID and phones?

My phone rang 3 times this evening.  The caller ID worked 1/3.  That leads me to believe the phone can do it (and it did with Comcast).

Should I give Verizon a call about the issue?

Is there a link that suggests which brand of phones?

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID
naveen2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not the phone. Verizon FIOS has known system issues and engineers are still working on this. There is no solution in sight. If you switch to a different provider, they will hit you with early termination fee. Verizon is very slow in resolving these kinds of issues.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I have had FiOS for over 3 1/2 years, and as far as I know, Caller ID has never, ever failed. We did lose Call Waiting Caller ID when we installed FiOS, but other than that it seems to work flawlessly. I have Call Assistant, so I can also see a log of the calls there, even the ones that we don't see when the phone is in use, and it always matches up with the Caller ID function on the phone.

Is it a geographic problem, or what? 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
tsk
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

I have had FiOS for over 3 1/2 years, and as far as I know, Caller ID has never, ever failed.  

I've only had FiOS for a few months but Caller ID has so far been flawless for me as well.

We did lose Call Waiting Caller ID when we installed FiOS, but other than that it seems to work flawlessly.

When I first got FiOS I too lost CW with CID.  I asked about it over at DSLReports and one of the techs indicated that it is indeed available but for some reason it hasn't been getting automatically added when customers order Call Waiting and Caller ID together.  It is a no-cost option and the billing department was able to add it for me without any problem.  Call Waiting with Caller ID is now working and I can see who is calling even when I am already on the phone.

Interestingly there are also those that do not have Voice Mail indicator enabled either (IE: to have phones that support it turn on a 'message' indicator rather than to depend on the dial tone stutter) but it is working on my line just fine.  What is funny is that my very old Bell Atlantic Caller ID unit displays a message when I have voice mail.

0 Likes