Caller Id Not showing up on phone
kear71

Our caller Id only shows up on my phone when someone calls once in a while...why does this happen and what can be done to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Caller Id Not showing up on phone
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry to hear your having an issue with intermittent caller ID. I would like to help look into it. I have sent a PM with a secure link. Please fill it out and reply and we will be able to further assist.

Lee_VZ

0 Likes
Shelly225
My caller ID does not show up on my telephone either. How do I fix this?
0 Likes
zenbot

Here's my answer. I just spent about a half hour on the phone with customer support. Verizon charges for caller ID services. It's $2.99 per phone per month. I would first confirm that you are paying for caller ID, as I beleive other cell phone companies may offer this as a free service. Ours did. Adding caller ID to our service was not discussed with us when we switched over to Verizon and bought new phones. There is still going to be an issue of whether or not they, Verizon, has access to all the numbers everywhere. Databases are only as good as their currency of updates and how well companies share this with one another. I received two months of Caller ID for free because I dealt with customer/technical support. So,you might want to check your bills and see if there is a Caller ID charge on your statement. If not, you will need to pay to have this activated. One nice feature is they also allow you to change what name, your caller ID, shows up on people's phones when you call them. It initially just says "Wireless Customer" I believe. If you're like us, all the phones are under one acct. So this way you can designate who is actually calling and from what phone.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes