CallerID/Call Waiting
susan6812
I have CallerID & Call Waiting.  I can see who is calling when I'm not on the phone but when I am it doesn't show up... any idea why???
0 Likes
Re: CallerID/Call Waiting
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1
First thing to check would be whether your telephone is specifically equipped to display off-hook Caller ID.  Many phones can only display Caller ID when the phone is NOT in use.
0 Likes
susan6812

Everything is fine with the phone.  It has something to do w/the caller id/call waiting.  We checked out the book that came w/our new phone.  It doesn't even show up on the DirecTV screen... But thanks for trying

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You need Call Waiting Caller ID. Caller ID only works when you not on the phone. Call Waiting Caller ID works when you are on the phone.
0 Likes
ALM168
I have the same problem and made a post today (9/17). The Verizon tech told me that it was my phone, but could not prove it. He could only say that other customers have the same problem. I asked for a service person to come out with their phone to prove to me that the FiOS service works, but refused. He closed my complaint as he said that all was OK on their end. This is very poor customer service.
0 Likes