Can't get to Voice Mail through the landline
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home phones cannot access the voice mail.

I can access using the cellphones and computer but not the land line.

Voicemail has been set up multiple times over.

When I dial in to Voice Mail, I get a prompt for the passcode.

And again and again (3 times total).

Online and phone support cannot seem to solve this problem.

They only want us to set up voice mail again and again.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get to Voice Mail through the landline
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

SUCCESS!!!!!    Finally.  The problem after problem has now been fixed.  Every time one thing was changed, something else went wrong.  But finally after 36 days of beating my head against the wall talking to the help desks (low-level entry grade personnel who can't think worth a darn), I finally got a guy named Pat who knew what he was talking about.

I found an email address through Google......{edited for privacy}  An

email to them finally seemed to shake some cages and I got some results.  Give it a try.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey QAGuy, what message do you get when you try accessing your voicemail from your house phone?  Are the house phone all the same type of phones?  If they are you should try resetting the main base of the phones because the voicemail server works since you can access it from your cell phone and PC.

0 Likes
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to say things have gotten worse.  It turns out that the cell phones are not getting to the

voicemail properly.  We still cannot access our voicemail through the land line.  We can get

in via cell, but the system tells me we have no messages.  I know that there are messages since

they show up on the computer.

And this is not with the same passcode that Verizon tells me to use.  It is an old password.

Going downhill fast.  Been trying for almost a week now to get this resolved.

We've disconnected our phones (unplugged them) and tried a different handset.  Still nothing

works properly.

When we put in what Verizon tells us is the passcode, we get 'invalid entry' message.

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey QAGuy, can you send me a private message with your home phone number on the account so I can take look at the voicemail for you. 

0 Likes
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Private messages sent!  

Thanks.

0 Likes
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

And in case you need it, here's the ticket number....still not resolved by (resloved?) 10:30 AM 8/18/2010 PST.

You have reported an issue on 08/16/2010 18:45 and Verizon is commited to reslove your issue on 08/18/2010 00:00. For your reference, the ticket number is {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

And now I can't get voicemail at all.

Phones tell me theres no messages.

Computer tells me there are messages and shows them.

When I click on play a message, system asks for my passcode.

When I put the passcode that I just used to find out from the phone

there are no new messages, system tells me it isn't my passcode.

Don't think this will be a problem much longer because I'm going to cancel

this worthless system.

0 Likes
csimwil322
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you help me? I cannot access voice mail to set it up.  My service was transferred from Comcast, and the Verizon system says it's an invalid number.  I've been on hold w/the verizon tech support line for over 60 minutes. It doesn't work no matter what phone I call the VM # from.  I tried to reset the VM pass code, but the website doesn't even recognize the phone # as valid(?).

0 Likes
QAGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only thing I can suggest is that you keep calling...and calling....and calling and then pray.

I've made at least 20 calls to the "support" folks with no real solution yet. 

It has now been 19 days since installation and they still can't get it right.

At least five 'committed to resloving your problem by XXXXX' dates have passed.

And no, I did not make a typo by using  the word 'resolving'.  That's what it says on the website.

They can't even spell correctly!

0 Likes
csimwil322
Enthusiast - Level 2
It turns out they "forgot" to add voicemail to my account when they set it up. It is working now. Unfortunately I am now told that some other person's name comes up on the caller ID when I place an outgoing call. I was told again to call customer support. I'm too tired to deal with it right now though. And this is "digital voicemail".
0 Likes