I just switched to FIOS but when I call the access number to set up my account, the instructions Verizon provides don't work from either home or away. All it will do is ask for my number and tell me it's invalid. Anyone have a solution?
I have the same problem... after an hour of fooling around, I was able to at least access the on-line management tools...
After I went there I was able to log in and go through a set up wizard... This at least got access to features like call waiting, etc. However, still no solution for vmail....
All of verizon's helpful applications (especially the in home agent that is being pushed by annoying popups as I'm looking for the solution.) don't give any clue as to what the issue is.
I waited for an actual person for about 20 minutes yesterday (including the 10 minutes of going through the voice automated phone service). I plan to try again today... I'll repost if they give me a solution that we can do without them.
I'm having the same exact problem. Did you resolve this yet? If yes, how?
I waited 75 minutes last evening on the tech support line and finally hung up because no one came on the line. 75 minutes of that pathetic music.
I had a tech on the line at the weekend for 30 mins, he was talking to network guys who didn't know the answer either.
I have a support call number and received a customer service call last night to ask if it was working we had just returned from a couple of days on the shore so hadn't tried it.
Guess what ....................it still don't work!!
I have follwed the instructions which play back OK but when you dial in nothing! I know I have messages because friends have told me that they have left them.
I go to the matresses tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had this problem too. It turns out that Verizon "forgot" to provide me with voicemail as a feature, so I called the customer support line (888) 553-1555, and selected New Orders (as opposed to selecting Technical Support). When the rep came on, I asked them to check whether voicemail was ever added to my account. It started working the next day, and I was able to set it up without a problem.