Cancel my service and repay what you owe!
UpsetAndAngry

I had a good old-fashion copper line. I noticed on Dec. 26, 2017, that it was not working (it probably stopped working earlier, when Verizon "upgraded" the caller ID on Dec. 12). I did not notice it sooner because I have that line as a backup/emergency line, since the copper is reliable and does not go down when the power is out. I attempted to call numerous times for service to fix it, but kept getting cut off by the automated phone operator. I finally got through to a live person on Jan. 14, 2018. I was told a service technician would come by on Jan. 15 to fix the line. Then I got a call saying that they would not fix the copper but would install FIOS. I called back and let them know that if they were not going to fix the copper, then I want to cancel my service completely. Then the technician called and said he was coming to install FIOS. He was told not to bother and that I would be cancelling my service. I called Verizon on Jan. 19 to cancel my service and get a refund for the lack of service during the billing period Dec. 7 to Jan. 6, since I had paid that bill in full. I also wanted to make sure I would not be held responsible for the new bill that had already arrived. The woman I spoke to was helpful and said my service would be cancelled and that I would receive a refund. Imagine my surprise to find out that Verizon has me down as having FIOS! I do NOT want FIOS. I want my service cancelled and I want a refund for the time my line was dead. Verizon has NO way to contact them via their Web site and it is next to impossible to get through to a live person to help on the phone. Apparently, even when you do get through, your wishes are ignored. If I do not have notification of my cancelled service and a refund for the time that my phone was not functioning (not to mention not being billed for the period of Jan. 7 to Feb. 6), I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, the FTC, and the local news outlet until this is resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Cancel my service and repay what you owe!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes