Cannot Hear or be Heard on Phone
jcord51
I have been having extreme static on my home line for some time now. Last year I went for two months without service due to the problem . The problem is in the outside cables, and Verizon is aware of the problem. They managed to fix the problem but confided that the outside leaded cable is extremely old and needs replacement, let wait for Fios to be available and that will be your solution. Well, here I am again without phone service for almost two and a half weeks, two weeks just to get a service guy. The technician did come on Saturday and stated that the problem is with the Leaded line outside the house. He said that he was referring the problem to a higher technician, but said that Fios service would be the ultimate solution. My question is when and how can I get FIOS service to be provided? They do NOT want to replace the cable when FIOS is soon to be available. Is there a person that can be contacted with Verison or must I contact the FCC?
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Hear or be Heard on Phone
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
CWhitmore1

More details:  My phone rings, but no caller id information.  When I answer, the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear them, so I have one-way communication only -- on all telephone devices.

0 Likes
jcord51

Here we go again, with the same problems as before. Needless to say that FIOS never came..It's in the area but not to mine. Just about every other month I have had noise on the line and dropped calls. This unacceptable since I pay my bills without fail and when repairmen come, they try their best, but what can be done with bad input cables. You try to find the date that Fios will replace the main cable, with no help.  WHY CAN'T VERIZON NOT KNOW WHAT FIOS'S IS DOING WHEN!!! You Verizon are BIOS!!!!

Three days ago I have had same problem with the phone, spoke to phone rep yesterday, today repairman came. He rerouted the wires on the pole , stated to wait two hours for activation. Phone now working even worst than before. Called to advise of problem...work order called in for December 11th. Almost two weeks without full service... 

0 Likes
jcord51

Called Verizon today and requested a Tier 1 Mechanic since the problem lies in the main cable and they have the training for repairs. Verizon repair guys are tier 3 and know that the problem lies within the cable but they do not have the right to work on the main cable.  

Problem is that Tier 3 is dispatch, does his jury rig, and he gets it working until the wire that he attached messes up another customers service, and he calls for help!

I asked for Tier one as of today but I was also told that they are in short supply, meaning delay in service.

0 Likes