Cannot hear person on other line
chot2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has power. Problem is I cannot hear the dial tone but I can make calls. When connected, I cannot hear the person on the other line. He can hear me though. If someone calls, same case. He can hear me but I cannot hear the person. If they leave VM, either it is not recorded or we just cannot hear it. We bought a new phone and replaced old phone but still behaving the same way. I unplugged all other phones but the base. Still didnt work. Please help. I am in the middle of looking for work. Need a working home phone BADLY!! Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot hear person on other line
chot2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I just finished chatting (live chat)  with one of your reps. I was told it was just a glitch, can't explain what the issue was. He ended up restarting my service and it magically worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi chot2,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
chot2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I just finished chatting (live chat)  with one of your reps. I was told it was just a glitch, can't explain what the issue was. He ended up restarting my service and it magically worked.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Great!  I always love to hear about when customers get their problems resolved!  Thanks for sharing!

AnnieS

0 Likes