Cannot make or recieve calls
phbern1

I have a copper land line that was working fine until about a week ago. At first, people calling in only got static after the first couple of rings. We could still make outgoing calls, though. Then after a day or two, we could no longer make outgoing calls - lots of static on the line. Now we can't make outgoing calls at all. At fisrt I thought it was our phone (vtech cordless with 3 handsets), so I bought a new phone (panansonic) but still have the same problem. When I call now, I get a busy signal.

I tried using the online Troubleshooter, but it only goes to "No dialtone" and when I click Next, it brigns me back to the start page. I tried using the online chat, but it kept disconnecting saying the service was unavailable - even after a support person responded. The Call Me feature is useless - it said it can't test the line while it is being used, but I wasn't calling from that line since it isn't working!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot make or recieve calls
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi phbern,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes