Change Long Distance Carrier????
starchild12

I can't reach Verizon to change my long distance carrier.  Any ideas about a number to call?  my online account is only connected to my cell service, not my home service.

0 Likes
Re: Change Long Distance Carrier????
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call

800-VERIZON.

0 Likes
Magg901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you REALLY want long distance service on your landline phone?  All the cell phones have long distance included, so you want to pay extra money to connect long distance calls on your landline at exorbitant rates? 

Fifteen years ago Verizon said to me, "We are now charging you $5 a month SOLELY for having a long distance carrier assigned to your account, regardless of the fact that you don't make any long distance calls." 

I broke the sound barrier calling Verizon to tell them "OK, cut off my long distance and get this $5 charge off my account."  I have not made a long distance call on my landline phone in more than 20 years.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone/Verizon-Rep-Deliberately-Lies-to-Me-Costing-Me-1-071-And-I-...

It would seem you have different phone priorities as your post above.

i also pointed out that cellular companies (Verizon included) cover the whole USA and other locations.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone/Verizon-Rep-Deliberately-Lies-to-Me-Costing-Me-1-071-And-I-...

It would seem you have different phone priorities as your post above.

i also pointed out that cellular companies (Verizon included) cover the whole USA and other locations.  

Just as many Landline plans now include Nationwide calling (some of Canada, etc included.  And since some people have limited cellular minutes and don't include the whole U.S.A.  In both landlines and cellular it depends  on your plan

In fact many of the people you talk to, unfortunately including the one mentioned in the post you list, automatically assume that everyone has one of the unlimited nationwide plans both for cellular and landline.  Some of the limited plans are not even offered anymore, but are grandfathered if you have them.  These old plans can become ridiculous expensive if you do out of area calling.

0 Likes