Customers With Disabilities
quick menu

Changing Account Holder

Posts: 1
Registered: ‎11-19-2009
Location: United States

Changing Account Holder

Message 1 of 4 (9,037 Views)

Is it possible for you to take your current phone service and take it out of your name and transfer it to someone elses name without the services being disconnected?

Silver Contributor I
Posts: 497
Registered: ‎05-21-2009
Device: Metro PCS
Plan: ATT
Location: In ure InterWebz

Re: Changing Account Holder

Message 2 of 4 (9,034 Views)

In theory, yes


but I reccomend, unless ABSOLUTLEY NEEDED... don't do it.... From what I hear, it is easier to legally change your name, than it is to have Verizon change the name on your account.



Best O Luck


Bob Robertson - Lighter Klepto - I steal lighters, not bandwith
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎12-02-2009

Re: Changing Account Holder

Message 3 of 4 (8,826 Views)

Verizon made spelling error on initial account setup. Name doesn't even exist. Spent over four hours submitting credit info and copies of the Declaration of Independence (twice on the credit info). Nothing changed.

Copper Contributor
Posts: 29
Registered: ‎12-09-2009
Device: EnV3
Location: Ohio

Re: Changing Account Holder

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 4 (8,687 Views)

It is something you can do.

the process is called a "supercedure"

If someone has had a death in the family and needs to change the name, {edit} can do a billing name change.

But lets say for ex: you and ur significant other are splitting and the srvcs were in their name and u need it in yours, thats a "supercedure" so {edit} stop all the billing under their name and put it under yours so you are no longer responible for his/her bill.



It doesnt take that long, regardless of people say.{edit}

Hope this helps



My Verizon

  • Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services


Watch Fios