Charges for prefixes included in calling plan
ACE
Enthusiast - Level 1
For the last 3 months, I've been being charged 4cents per minute for calls with prefixes included in my calling plan. I have the Unlimited Verizon Local Calling Package, which includes 1 package residence line, 1 Verizon Local Package, 1 Unlimited Local Directory Assist, 1 Call waiting/Cancel Call Waiting, 1 caller ID, 1 *69, and 1 Extended Area Service for $36.99/mo..  I'm also billed for Monthly Basic Service at $6.50/mo.. When you are selecting which plan you would like, there is a link that tells you which calls are considered local under the selected plan. Seeing that I was being charged for calls whose prefixes were included in the Local # Finder tool, the first 2 times the charges were deemed illigitimate and removed with much apologies. The 3rd time, however, I was told that the Local # Finder tool was wrong, that the techs made a mistake,  and that these charges would not be removed again. So, a week later, I did the search again, with my area code and prefix, and the same prefixes came up as included in my plan. Would some one please explain what's happening here, and maybe settle this once and for all.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charges for prefixes included in calling plan
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

These are tariffed services, so Verizon is legally bound to provide them at price filed in the tariff. If the tools they provide don't accurately reflect the tariff, that is consumer fraud, plain and simple. IF the tools are correct, and the charges are incorrect, that is a violation of  published tariffs on file with the Corporation Commission or Public Utilities Commission (you'll have to figure out which one your state has). That is a matter that the regulatory agency don't take lightly.

I suggest instead of raising the matter with Verizon, you file a complaint with the State Corporation Commission or Public Utilities Commission against Verizon over the charges. I guarantee you that WILL get Verizon's attention. (You can usually file such a complaint with a phone call, and in most states, if you ask the telephone company for the toll free number of the regulatory agency, they are required by law to provide it. It is also generally listed in your local phone book, and state government web pages.

View solution in original post

Re: Charges for prefixes included in calling plan
mattheww50
Contributor - Level 2

These are tariffed services, so Verizon is legally bound to provide them at price filed in the tariff. If the tools they provide don't accurately reflect the tariff, that is consumer fraud, plain and simple. IF the tools are correct, and the charges are incorrect, that is a violation of  published tariffs on file with the Corporation Commission or Public Utilities Commission (you'll have to figure out which one your state has). That is a matter that the regulatory agency don't take lightly.

I suggest instead of raising the matter with Verizon, you file a complaint with the State Corporation Commission or Public Utilities Commission against Verizon over the charges. I guarantee you that WILL get Verizon's attention. (You can usually file such a complaint with a phone call, and in most states, if you ask the telephone company for the toll free number of the regulatory agency, they are required by law to provide it. It is also generally listed in your local phone book, and state government web pages.