Cheapest Verizon landline phone service
Peano
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to find out what Verizon's cheapest copper wire phone plan is. No long distance, no caller ID, no voicemail, nothing but local phone service.

They must keep this information tucked away somewhere. All I can find is "unlimited this" and "unlimited that." I'd be glad to pay per minute if that was the cheapest plan.

Does ANYONE know where I can find this information?

0 Likes
Re: Cheapest Verizon landline phone service
ramsey76
Contributor - Level 1

If you call Verizon, you can ask them for the cheapest plan

They will of course try to upsell you like crazy

I have not looked at the Verizon tariffs in years , but the basic local service was called measured service

The usoc was 1MR

You paid for every outgoing call

Many of my neighbors have this service since it provides them a safe reliable backup for emergencies ( power outages, 911, reverse 911, burglar alarm ) .   Many leave the ringer off   and they use their multiple cell phone for most calls.

0 Likes
Peano
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I was hoping to find information online before calling them. It's such a nuisance to have to drag infomration out of someone who is paid to provide customer "service" but doesn't really care about the customer's needs and desires.

0 Likes
Snookered2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two years ago, basic telephone service fluctuated between $36-$37 per month.

No regional; no long distance; no caller id; no call waiting, etc. 

Verizon is making every effort possible to eliminate copper wires with the

blessing of the FCC.  When you do call CSR, be prepared for the FIOS sales

pitch.  Good luck!

0 Likes
InfrequentUser

Hi, I'm new to this community. Can't seem to open any of the responses to your original post...

Did anyone ever find out what is the cheapest monthly plan for having a home phone for emergency purposes only?

0 Likes
ramsey76
Contributor - Level 1

Find the Verizon tariff or product guide for your state www.verizon.com/tariffs Look active operating company tariff or product guide You will be searching for Exchange or local service\ Within this sections look for terms like measured service, dial tone lines, 1MR

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

FiOs Home landline phone,   5 cents per minute out going call  plan, incoming calls free,  outgoing calls  to local area VERIZON landline Free, 800 calls free too.    Call c/s,   FiOs only.

kassieme
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes