Constant Buzzing and Can't make outgoing calls
cgheffel

For the past month or so, our phone line has had a constant buzzing. Now, we cannot even get a dialtone to make outgoing calls. We do receive calls, but it doesn't do us much good since the buzzing prevents us from talking to anyone anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Constant Buzzing and Can't make outgoing calls
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

If you are having an issue with your Verizon phone service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:

http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:

http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked at your NID to see if the buzzing is persistent there? If so you will need to get a tech out to repair the problem.

0 Likes
kmease

I am having the same exact complaint, "Constant Buzzing on line, and inbound or outbound conversation cannot be performed".  I am in southern New Jersey just outside of Philly, and this problem was first recognized approximately September 19th.  I went out of town and felt that the problem would be remedied by my return.  On September 24th the same problem was still present on the line.  I used to be a Computer Network Engineer years ago and have a telephone handheld "butt set" (handheld phone that the phone techs use to connect directly to the wires.  I disconnected all of my premise equipment and connected to only the line coming in from the pole, and the problem still persists which rules out any "interior" equipment malfunction.

Original service appointment was scheduled for Thursday September 29 between 8AM and Noon, however when Thursday arrived, I noticed on the internet that my expected service visit time had been moved back (without any heads-up) to Friday September 30 between 8AM and Noon.  Friday 12 Noon comes and goes with no results yet, and upon looking at the internet again I noticed that the expected service visit time had been moved back once again to Friday September 30 at 8 PM.

Very poor repair service for a "phone not usable" condition.

0 Likes