Switch Account

Cordless Phones and Fios

Cordless Phones and Fios

Contributor wrushford
Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(17,514 Views)

Are there any cordless phones out there that work with Verizon FIOs?

I replaced my Panasonic 5.8 ghz with a Panasonic DECT6 and niether cordless works on FIOs. No dial tone.

Verizon refuses to say which cordless phones will work.  After much arm twisting they did tell me that Panasonic phones won't work. 

I exchanged the Panasonic for a VTec DECT6. Guess what... it doesn't work either. It's ridiculous. 

I repeat... are there any cordless phones out there that work with Verizon FIOs?

6 REPLIES 6
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 7
(17,476 Views)
Are you trying more than 1 phone jack? Does a regular phone work in the jack you are trying to use? Some Panasonics don't work but the V-tech should.
Contributor wrushford
Contributor
Message 3 of 7
(17,465 Views)
I've tried other jacks with no luck. The ATT hard wired phone works. The Panasonics and VTech cordless get no dial tone. Any ideas?
Contributor almahix
Contributor
Message 4 of 7
(17,465 Views)
I use a Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone system on my FIOS phone line and it works fine. Perhaps you could try connecting the base station directly into the ONT phone jack and see if it works that way.
Copper Contributor donaldm823
Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 7
(17,383 Views)
I use a Motorola MD 700 base station and 7 extension cordless and my Verizon FIOS house phone works fine
Copper Contributor texastown
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 7
(17,380 Views)
I have Panasonic 5.8 GHZ phones, 4 handsets and one base station and they work fine. There may be some other problem with your phone connection, get Verizon out there to check out your wiring.
Message Edited by texastown on 08-11-2008 11:53 AM
Highlighted
Copper Contributor GSnicker
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 7
(17,126 Views)
I have a Uniden 5.8 GHZ wireless phone and it works fine...
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.