Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Crossed lines

pjones
Contributor
Contributor

Crossed lines

Message 1 of 3
(2,847 Views)

I've been hearing someone else's calls every so often on my phone line.  They can also hear me.  This is on both cordless and corded phones.  

We don't have caller ID, but caller ID comes on periodically, but not for my calls. In other words, I only get caller ID for the other person's calls, not when someone calls my number.

This has been happening for the past few days.  Traditional phone, not FIOS

I'll try Verizon tech support tomorrow, but since the other person keeps breaking into my calls, it's hard to have a long voice call.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Crossed lines

Message 2 of 3
(2,812 Views)

Definitely has the symptoms of a crossed line, especially if happening on corded and cordless phones. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Crossed lines

Message 3 of 3
(2,802 Views)
Tech roll time! This should be a pretty easy problem for the voice repair technician who is dispatched to find. They should be able to find information on the short by running an MLT and by using some tools they carry in their trucks. Typically bad splices like to cause this.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title