Crossed lines ?
spicegeek

Having issues with my land line - on both a hard wired and cordless phone

Yesterday everytime I picked up the phone I would either get noise like a modem or I would get a dial tone but even though I could hear the touch tones dialing a number didn`t stop the dial tone. I could not take any incoming calls

Service returned this afternoon for a little while - this evening my cordless started flashing and saying "line in use" and there was no tone or noise on the line - now it says no line and the line is dead - if I try and call my home number I get a busy signal

Any ideas - I work at home and can`t really afford to wait over a week for a tech to come out

0 Likes
Re: Crossed lines ?
Jodykooker

I have same problem, But i only knew about it for ten days, I don't use the line. now i have two lines crossed, and I can not retrieve my voice mails, but both lines are beeping, yet i only have voicemail on the one line. 10 days, called in 6 times, i have 8 hrs. of phone time, two service techs, one cancelled out what first one did! and three emails telling me issue was resolved? I have a email in, a phone call in, and the ask me to tell story again, the story is i want it fixed. a storn in July, and a truck took down the lines out front of our home. when they put them back up, someone messed it up...I pay just under $500 a month for 5 phone lines, interent, tv, voicemail, etc. plaese fix it

0 Likes
Jodykooker

@spicegeek wrote:

Having issues with my land line - on both a hard wired and cordless phone

Yesterday everytime I picked up the phone I would either get noise like a modem or I would get a dial tone but even though I could hear the touch tones dialing a number didn`t stop the dial tone. I could not take any incoming calls

Service returned this afternoon for a little while - this evening my cordless started flashing and saying "line in use" and there was no tone or noise on the line - now it says no line and the line is dead - if I try and call my home number I get a busy signal

Any ideas - I work at home and can`t really afford to wait over a week for a tech to come out

I have same problem, But i only knew about it for ten days, I don't use the line. now i have two lines crossed, and I can not retrieve my voice mails, but both lines are beeping, yet i only have voicemail on the one line. 10 days, called in 6 times, i have 8 hrs. of phone time, two service techs, one cancelled out what first one did! and three emails telling me issue was resolved? I have a email in, a phone call in, and the ask me to tell story again, the story is i want it fixed. a storn in July, and a truck took down the lines out front of our home. when they put them back up, someone messed it up...I pay just under $500 a month for 5 phone lines, interent, tv, voicemail, etc. plaese fix it

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

First make sure its not something of yours.  If you have other thingss connected to the line, including fax's, modems, pc's, etc make sure you try disconnecting them.

Obviously older copper wiring can still screw up and be crossed with some other customer, but Its not as common as all that.  In those cases you cannot do much as its not happening at your house but somewhere else.  It takes a good tech to trace such problems.

0 Likes