Customer Service Flubs up and Useless
aryanasdad72
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where do I start with this.  I called customer service a few nights ago and asked them about my ETF fees because I hate my phone that bad.  I then started discussing with them, t-mobiles ETF payment deal.  The customer service rep stated that since I had been a customer for so long, she would help me get an early upgrade since it's my phone I hate.  (used to love verizon service).  Since I didn't know which phone I wanted, she told me to hop online, take a look and call back so that is what I did.  

I contacted chat.  Chat support agent said there is no way to do this that I am not eligbiel for upgrade.  OK, so I decided to call.  

Well when I called in, the next agent told me that I am not eligible for upgrade (I knew that) and I would have to wait.  When I told him what I had been told the night before, he stated that there is no way to do that.  I reiterated that I had been told they were going to do it for me, the night before.  He stated that there just is no way to do that.  I asked for a manager.

Manager comes on the line.  I explain the situation to him.  He states that there is no way to do it.  He said there must have been some miscommunication.  I said, no, this is what I was told.  He said, I am going to do this for you but remember this is a one time shot.  I told him I understand.  He asked which phone I wanted and I told him S5.  That was fine and then he quoted me the price.  I told him the phone was supposed to be on sale for 50% off.  He said that this was internet only even though this is being splashed all over every verizon TV commercial I have seen.  I agreed to this.  I also opted to pay for overnight priority shipping.

When we discussed shipping, I made it clear that I need to have the phone shipped to my work address.  He said "no problem and took the address".  When I got the shipment notification, it was going to my home.  I called in immediately and the girl tried to contact fed ex, but they were closed.  

I hopped on chat the next morning and asked to have this re-routed.  They said I would need to contact fed ex myself.  I know that is not true, so I called customer service.  The nice guy there was able to get the shipment, rerouted to me, supposedly.  We will see what happens.  So to sum it up:

First phone support agent must have promised something she couldn't do.

I only wanted to know my ETF's so I could switch due to this piece of junk phone

Chat support is absolutely useless

Phone support agent incenuated that I am a liar.

Supervisor, I still believe lied about the pricing.  

Supervisor didn't listen to shipping address and cost me a ton of time trying to get the phone routed to the right address

I am still thinking about taking my money to t-mobile while they are paying ETF's.  

I couldn't believe this service and for the money I pay, I expect to be treated appropriately.  I will not call back in.  The next issue I have is going to result in my movement to another carrier, regardless of ETF's. I am still looking for a way to contact corporate with this. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Flubs up and Useless
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.
For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless Community at http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes