Customer Service
res55

As a result of the recent storm (Irene) several lines were down at our residence, including the old copper telephone line.  We currently use Comcast for our home phone although we have been awaiting the arrival of FIOS service to our area.  I contacted Verizon customer support to see about getting the old line removed or repaired and was greeted with the most rude and belligerent individual it has been my misfortune to deal with over the last 20 years.  The outcome of the brief conversation was that I was instructed to contact Comcast regarding the downed line and that they in turn would contact Verizon.  I have always been treated very well by Comcast customer support and I am sure they will deal with the matter however I am amazed by the approach taken by Verizon.

We have inquired on several occasions about the availability of FIOS in our area but have no desire to establish a relationship with a company who handles people in this fashion.  I suppose this sort of treatment may be an outgrowth of the recent strike but I have no desire to find out.  For all you current customers, I hope this is an isolated incident.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Honestly, Comcast shouldn't be involved if the old copper drop from Verizon has been downed and not repaired; that is a voice repair question that should be addressed since that cable is their property. Comcast can't do a thing about it anyways, since they will not touch Verizon's plant unless they are moving a home to their Digital Voice product where they will disconnect your home from Verizon's copper plant at the NID Verizon installed (which is really the only thing they can touch). I think Verizon might also find it strange that a competitor is calling on behalf of a customer to get a disconnected line repaired.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
res55

Thanks for your input.  As a follow-up I did contact Comcast and they were perplexed by the handling of the matter by Verizon but did arrange to send one of their service crews to address the matter.  I am sure they will get it resolved.

0 Likes