Customer Service
crhansen78

I am posting in this forum as a last ditch effort, as I have already spent 2 hours on the live chat and about 8 hours on the phone in the last 3 days. We currently have landline service and are now just simply trying to hook up a new line at our new house.

On Monday, I called to have our line transferred from the old house to the new house and was told that would take a week and that it would be better if we got a new phone. I was given an order number and told to call back and finalize. I called a few hours later and was told a credit check would be performed and then that all was good. They completed the order and gave me the new number and told me that I would have service on that line within a few hours.

On Tuesday.... still no line. I tried the live chat and after a 2 hour back and forth with 2 different people, no results, so I called and again sat on hold for 45 minutes before getting someone. I gave them the order number and they could not find anything. I gave them the new number and they could find anything. I was told that since they had no record, another credit check would have to be performed. Then they come back and tell me that I had been marked for fraud and needed to call credit services. I call credit services and give my order number and she is able to pull it up. She tells me that they is no fraud block and everything is good and transfers me to sales and services. I sat on hold for over 2 hours and noone ever picked up.

Today (Wednesday), I tried calling again and spent my whole 30 minute lunch break and an extra 15 minutes on hold waiting for someone to answer.

What do I need to do to get this service hooked up? This is beyond ridiculous. This has been more of a pain than the whole home buying process was. This is a rather urgent matter because I need this line for work. The website says, "Let us take a load off your big move. We make transferring or adding services at your new home easy." This is so far from the truth.

HELP!

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi crhansen78,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes