DO NOT CHANGE FROM COPPER TO FIOS! IT IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT OR TIME!
jdk4asu

I recently changed over from Time Warner Cable to FIOS for one phone line while Verizon said that it would be easy to change over my original phone line (copper) that we have had for 1 years now. 

Well, several weeks ago the older line was added to the new FIOS service. No problem as it worked great, until I called about being billed for the old copper line!  Yes, they were billing me for the past two months for service not rendered!  I called them on it and they said that in order to combine the accounts they have to shut off my old line, give me a brand new number, for a DAY, and then give me back my old number. YES, ALL of that to just change a bill and account!

They shut off my phone on Tuesday and here it is Thursday evening and still no phone service for the line that was working on FIOS that they changed over from copper six weeks ago or so. Now they tell me they have to give me a new phone number and have to figure out what went wrong.

So PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE YOUR COPPER LINE TO FIOS!!! They do not know how to handle it internally as I have spoke to no less then five people, two of which were supervisors!  Wait, there is more as they even sent a tech over on Tuesday to change out a box they had already installed at the end of October!!!! Yes, they have NO IDEA what they are doing!!

Please know that I never write these things, but I had to warn people ahead of time.

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT CHANGE FROM COPPER TO FIOS! IT IS NOT WORTH THE EFFORT OR TIME!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello jdk4asu

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes