Desperate to change wrong outgoing Caller ID Name (CNAM) on wife's number
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3
When we moved two months ago from three separate Verizon copper land lines (one with DSL) into FIOS, I moved and ported my wife's Verizon copper land line number into GoogleVoice and, during the process, tried very hard to have ONLY her name shown at each step.  (I kept MY copper land line in the FIOS as its only FIOS Digital Voice line.)

Unfortunately, now that we're done, her outgoing calls show MY name on the recipient's phone.  Bad bad bad, also for her small business.  I'm in the doghouse!

Maybe because I did it from my computer and somehow my name leaked into the process?

I know from other posts on this topic (for example at < THIS LINK >) that no one has control over CNAM (outgoing caller ID name) content or distribution.  However, I must try.

Has anyone had success sending letters or emails to the various CNAM associations to get them to change a CNAM (outgoing caller ID name)?  Is there a list of the CNAM sources to whom I should write?  Is there anything I should say (to get me out of the doghouse)?  Is there anyone at Verizon FIOS Digital Voice who can help?

Please help!  It's smelly in this doghouse.  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Desperate to change wrong outgoing Caller ID Name (CNAM) on wife's number
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/home/phone/fiosdigitalvoice/#features

Under feature guide there there may be a way to change the name. However you did place the wife’s number with google and I would assume it’s a google voice issue now and not verizons.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/home/phone/fiosdigitalvoice/#features

Under feature guide there there may be a way to change the name. However you did place the wife’s number with google and I would assume it’s a google voice issue now and not verizons.

0 Likes
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

jonjones - thanks for suggestion but I did not see anything abut CNAM name at your link.

I have been speaking with a Verizon rep who is trying to get this fixed.

Unlike the caller ID number (CID), which is sent by the originating telco - and in my wife's case is sent correctly - the caller name (CNAM) is generated by the RECEIVING telco, never the originating telco.  We saw the wrong name when my wife called my company office (which has Verizon Commercial for its tel network).

It should be easier to get this fixed through a company as big as Verizon, especially when I remain a FIOS customer at home and my company also uses them.

Why have the telcos made this so hard? Where's the customer-first attitude?

0 Likes
1DeeMal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have they resolved your issue? I am having this issue with my google voice number now.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes