Digiital Voice Questions
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

I have FIOS TV, Internet & phone.  I am in NY and have 2 questions.  1. Is Digital Voice an available.option with FIOS in NY (Yonkers) and 2.  Are the multiple Phone Taxes (Ex: Universal Service Fee, FCC Line Charge, etc)  applied to Digital Voice as they are to the regular FIOS phone service.

I know I didn't have to pay these phone taxes with Vonage nor Cablevison.

0 Likes
Re: Digiital Voice Questions
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I am not sure but I can tell you that I pay taxes on my Vonage service.  I live in NY.  

I pay the following taxes/Fees with Vonage:

:

Regulatory, Compliance and Intellectual Property Fee
Emergency 911 and Information Services Fee
Taxes & Fees 
Sales Tax
Federal Program Fee
State Excise Tax
County MCTD Surcharge Sec. 186
State Franchise Surcharge Sec. 184-Access
County Transit Tax
County MCTD Surcharge Sec. 184
0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

With the exception of the 911 fee these are various sales taxes.  I am talking about fees that are applied ONLY to phone service, such as the FCC Line Charge and Universal Service Fee which add up to more than $8.00 alone.  I did NOT pay these when I had Vonage and I did NOT pay them when I had Cablevison.  I DO PAY them with FIOS phone service and wanted to know if they are charged with 'Digital Voice'.  Anyone with 'Digital Voice' care to say?

0 Likes
friendlyfreddy

Did you ever get an answer regarding the government fees and taxes with FIOS Digital Voice.  That's the primary reason I'm considering it.  Got no help from FIOS support.

0 Likes