Digital Voice Phone Message Retrieval from Outside
mdhendler

My VIOS phone was recently upgraded to Digital. Previously, I was able to retrieve my messages away from home by dialing my home number, pressing * , entering my code, etc. Now, is seems that I have to dial a specific voice mail system number.

Is there any way that I can continue to just dial my home number, enter * or some other codes to retrieve my messages? I don't want to have to use a separate number.

What happens now when I dial my home number and hit * and then my code and # is another message saying "invalid number, please enter your 10 digit phone number". So, what is the correct sequence of keys and codes that must be used to retrieve messages after dialing my home number from outside?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice Phone Message Retrieval from Outside
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Their instruction manual says you can't do it that way anymore.  it only gives the following options

To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages Online

You can sign into the FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager to retrieve your messages also. 

• Click New, located to the right of the VoiceMail indicator on the Home Page of the Account Manager.

• Click Calls and Messages to see what messages have been left in your Voice Mail box.

• Click PLAY to listen to the Voice Mail messages from your computer.
To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages On Your FiOS Digital Phone
    1. Pick up your receiver and dial your assigned FiOS Digital Voice Access number 1- 888-2FIOSVM (1-888-234-6786).

1. At the greeting, enter your 4-8 digit passcode followed by a pound (#) sign.

1. At the main menu, follow the voice prompts to hear your messages.
To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages Away From Your FiOS Digital Voice Phone
    1. Pick up any phone and dial 1- 888-2FIOSVM (1-888-234-6786).

1. Enter your FiOS Voice telephone number followed by a pound (#) sign.

1. Enter your 4-8 digit password followed by a pound (#) sign.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice Phone Message Retrieval from Outside
tns
Master - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Their instruction manual says you can't do it that way anymore.  it only gives the following options

To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages Online

You can sign into the FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager to retrieve your messages also. 

• Click New, located to the right of the VoiceMail indicator on the Home Page of the Account Manager.

• Click Calls and Messages to see what messages have been left in your Voice Mail box.

• Click PLAY to listen to the Voice Mail messages from your computer.
To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages On Your FiOS Digital Phone
    1. Pick up your receiver and dial your assigned FiOS Digital Voice Access number 1- 888-2FIOSVM (1-888-234-6786).

1. At the greeting, enter your 4-8 digit passcode followed by a pound (#) sign.

To Listen to Your Voice Mail Messages Away From Your FiOS Digital Voice Phone
    1. Pick up any phone and dial 1- 888-2FIOSVM (1-888-234-6786).

1. Enter your FiOS Voice telephone number followed by a pound (#) sign.

1. Enter your 4-8 digit password followed by a pound (#) sign.

My manual mentions *86 from home phone.  Obvious doesn't work when away from home.

To listen to your messages while away from home:

1. Dial the FiOS Digital Voice Mail system: 1.888.2FIOSVM

(1.888.234.6786 or *86 from your home phone).

0 Likes