Digital Voice not setting the time on my telephones
sdemore

I recently moved and switched from the competition to FIOS Triple Play.  With the old cable provider and the landline provider prior to that, the time on my telephones (AT&T  wireless answering machine system) would update every time a call came in.  Since switching to FIOS a few months ago, the time has never updated.  From reading, this is supposed to be part of the caller ID data, which seems to be working correctly, other than the time problem.  Is there a fix to this?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice not setting the time on my telephones
Yenco
Contributor - Level 2

I just had a similar problem with the time change yesterday.  When I called Verizon, the tech I got didn't seem to know much about the Caller ID system and had to keep putting me on hold to go talk to someone else.  It seems there was some issue although I don't know any details about how widespread it was or any further details on what the problem was, how it was fixed, and if it has been permanently fixed or if this is going to happen again the next time the time changes.  I did ask in my own posting on this forum so hopefully someone with more knowledge who works at Verizon might be able to fill in some details.

Anyway... At around 9:30 AM I received a call this morning and my clock finally updated to the proper time.  Also when I called my aunt yesterday (she lives in a different town but also has Verizon FiOS Digital Voice) the clock on her phone reset correctly.  So it seems it is supposed to work with Digital Voice.

But you mention that you have had this issue for a few months?!?  So I'm not really sure if it is the same problem or not.  You might want to call Verizon when you have some time.  Before the tech I spoke with found out there was some larger issue, he was trying different things and that included resetting the box they put in the basement here...  so maybe they need to do something like that for you before it will work?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice not setting the time on my telephones
sdemore

Update - the signal is now setting the time on the phone, but it's setting it to daylight savings time now, rather than standard time.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes