Switch Account

Digital Voice voicemail issues

Digital Voice voicemail issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(889 Views)

For the past 2 weeks or so I have been having a voicemail issue that I thought was one issue but now I am not sure.  I have notifications set so when I get a voicemail I get an email with the vm attached and also a text message.  Recently when I check my vm on my phone via the attachment it sounds very garbled and robotic so I thought my line was messed up.  I just tested it more thoroughly and have found the following:

1.  My line is fine for a live phone call.  I hear people fine and they hear me fine.

2. When I check the voicemail via the phone it sounds fine and clear

3.  When I check the vm via the Verizon website it is clear

4.  When I check the voicemail via the email attachment on the computer it sounds clear.

So the problem appears to be only when I check the voicemail via the email attachment on my phone that it sounds garbled.  I have been using it like that for a while and only recently have I been having problems.  I tried to save the attachment and then play it thinking it was a network issue but same thing.  Is there some problem or something I can do so when I check my vm via my phone email attachment it is clear like all the other ways are?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 3
(866 Views)

There is no garbling when you listen to the attachment via a computer, so its being sent out clear. I can't say what's going on with the playback from your phone. Only thing I could think of is there's a problem with specific file types on your phone. You might get a better response from posting this question on your wireless carriers customer forum.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(843 Views)

This used to work fine on my phone up until recently.  I guess I was wondering if there was any changes made on the VZ side.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.