Digital voice problem - all circuits busy
jackiel1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Westchester, NY, 10706 - I have dial tone but calls do not go through. Calls to my number say "all circuits busy , try your call later - 104T"

This has been true for several hours. No storm yet here.

TV and internet service are working.

Call from my cell (AT&T) to another verizon landline in same area (10706) did go through - so their verizon phone service is working, though they do not have digital voice.

My cell minutes are limited and want to save them for the storm - want to try to solve this without spending hours on hold.

0 Likes
Re: Digital voice problem - all circuits busy
Jeff-L
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Westchester also and without dial tone coming straight from FIOS box.  Recording on FIOS tech support states there is an outage in the area.  I hope I heard it wrong but it said they expect to be restored by 10/28/12 12:00 PM!  Just in time for the hurricane...

Interestingly, interenet is working fine.

I'm waiting on for a tech on FIOS support.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I'm also in Westchester.  I was speaking on the phone a little before 6 pm and I kept hearing blank spaces - the way it sounds when the other person is getting another call on call waiting.  Eventually, I lost the call and found that I had no dial tone.

The TV and internet were fine.  I didn't even try to call a tech.  I wasn't able the problem on line (this is my normal experience with the Verizon website), but I finally got a Live Chat open at about 7 pm.  I decided to check the phone again before I started typing, and I found that the dial tone was back.  The phone has continued to work since then.

I hope that the two of you have your service back as well.  And I hope that everyone gets through the storm okay.

This is the first time in the 10 months or so that I've had FiOS that I've lost my phone.  I did think it was funny that it happened a few days before the hurricane is due.  

0 Likes
damian671
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Westchester county and I have been out since 10/27. Was told it was state wide. As of 12pm today I am still down, and my trouble ticket says 11/2 as time to resolution.

Not cool!

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I'm lucky - Everything is working so far for me in Northern Westchester, but who knows for how long?  Hope you get your phone back way before 11/2.  If it's any consolation, when I still had copper, I always found that repair estimates had nothing to do with reality.

0 Likes
E-mail is down again - 10/29 @ 2pm EDT
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3
Moved for greater exposure due to Hurricane Sandy.
0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3
Moved for greater exposure, due to Hurricane Sandy.
0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

It appears that email is down has has been for over an hour. I'm in NY. Anyone else?

0 Likes