Display incoming phone # on TV screen
AKAJack
Using Verizon FIOS and heard that an incoming phone call number can be displayed on TV screen. If so, how can it be set up? Appreciate a response, thanks
0 Likes
Re: Display incoming phone # on TV screen
Justin46
Legend

I don't know where you heard that, but it is incorrect at this time. There have been some rumors that this might come in the future.

There is something called Verizon Call Assistant, which does provide a display of an incoming call on your PC. It also has a website where you can view your incoming calls. There are supposedly enhancements coming for Call Assistant, but we haven't seen anything yet. I have Call Assistnat, it works well for me, but is pretty basic now. And some people have experienced severe memory problems on their PCs when using Call Assistant (I don't have those memory problems, affects some and not others, there is a thread here about the problem).

Link: https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/

Help Center Phone: 1-888-483-5156

Keller, TX

0 Likes
AKAJack
Thanks Justin for the info. What I had heard was that Verizon offer this service similar to Comcast. Next door neighbor has Comcast with this service, and has scheduled a change to Verizon at end of Jan., She was told by Verizon that it has the service when she signed up for the change over. Thanks again.
0 Likes
MAGNET
We had this when our Verizon service was Direct Tv.  Once we switched to Fios and a STB (set top box) we lost that feature.  I miss it.  Smiley Sad
0 Likes
DMZ
I think this feature will be part of FiOS Digital Phone when it gets introduced in a couple of months.
0 Likes
AKAJack

Apparently Comcast and Direct TV are one step head of Verizon regarding this issue. Guess we will have to wait and see what develops with Verizon service.

AKAJack in Va

0 Likes
macklin5

I've been told that comcast actually has that feature

0 Likes