Do Not Call
Wayne-1951ad

Lately Verizon (a few weeks as of 6/21/2017) has a problem with it's calendar function. Verizon doesn't have a timeline for resolving this problem.

I tried to enter a DND schedule and it wouldn't show up in the calendar. Now the phone service DND turns on but never turns off. I keep missing important incoming phone calls. I have to manually turn off DND every day just to have it turn on again sometime during the day. I don't know when it turns on since no schedule shows in the calendar and simply do not have the time to monitor the DND function.

The only reason I joined this Verizon "community" is to have a complaint in writing since Verizon seems allergic to documenting technical repair requests.

The Verizon online support is almost completely useless and sends one in an endless wash, rinse, repeat loop.

I called for support on this issue three times now and Verizon cannot resolve this simple issue. I am retired and paying good money for extremely poor service from Verizon.

I don't trust Verizon can resolve any technical issue with the services they provide.

Since I have run out of options trying to get Verizon to resolve an issue for over a week now (btw) I don't know where else to turn. I don't expect that the community can offer a solution since it is mostly a social service. That's an assumption on my part.

I am documenting my efforts to resolve this simple DND problem and preparing to enter a formal complaint to the regulatory agency overseeing utilities in Pennsylvania.

All that being said if Verizon has a solution to my problem... that is a solution which actually works I'm all ears. But I have very little patience to have someone take control of my computer (fruitless endeavor in this case) or play 1001 questions again.

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Call
Wayne-1951ad

FYI I have FiOS triple play.

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Call
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wayne-1951ad,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
FiOS DND - 2nd Effort for Resolution at the Forum
Wayne-1951ad

I am restating the issue with DND for five reasons:

1) No resolution was offered by Verizon technical support after repeated tries,

2) did not receive a work order number from Verizon for my DND scheduling issue,

3) although my issue was elevated there was no resolution or direction offered by the forum on my first try,

4) I am hoping someone from Verizon will see this and take it upon themselves to see this problem gets properly addressed, and

5) to document the lack of care or customer service from Verizon for the time I see fit to issue my formal complaint to the Pennsylvania regulation board and state representative.

I became aware of the calendar scheduling failure inadvertantly. I had a number of people tell me their phone calls to me were not going through and they were getting an automated message.

Not knowing the exact issue I contacted Verizon by phone and tried to resolve the problem several times. My first few attempts the Verizon representative was unaware of the issue with Verizon's calendar service. Unfortunately I had been trying to establish a schedule thinking there was something wrong on my end since I could not see them on the calendar. I may very well have multiple scheduled DND; I just don't know.

Since then Verizon has put up a warning not to use the calendar for scheduling events.

DND has been turning ON automatically every evening, but does not turn OFF at the scheduled time in the morning for about a month now. I have to go into my account and turn OFF this feature manually every morning.

At this point I simply would like the DND not to turn ON until the calendar scheduling function is repaired by Verizon.

I need help since Verizon has shown itself to be unreliable in this matter. So what do I do now?

0 Likes
Re: FiOS DND - 2nd Effort for Resolution at the Forum
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wayne-1951ad,

We have reopened your Private Support Case. Please access your case through your profile page by following the instructions posted earlier. The support agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the Private Support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes