Do Not Disturb - Forward to Voicemail Except for 10 Listed Numbers
mccunney
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Do Not Disturb function as provided is lacking a critical feature.  As currently designed, one of two options are available:

1. ALL calls are forwarded to voice mail, OR
  2. 10 numbers automatically ring through and everyone else gets a prerecorded message that you are not accepting calls and DO NOT get sent to voice mail.

What is missing is the obvious feature to let only selected numbers ring through and forward everyone else to voicemail.

Isn't it clear that many people would like unsolicited calls (except for 10 selected numbers) to get sent to voicemail rather than receiving a message that you are NOT EVER accepting calls.  Isn't the purpose of having a phone to provide a method for people to get in contact with you?

Re: Do Not Disturb - Forward to Voicemail Except for 10 Listed Numbers
hbien
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please, I agree, enable this feature. This would be very useful for me in order to keep the number of spammers down. We switched from Cablevision to VerizonFiOS with number porting and instantly we were deluged with robo-calls. I've setup a solution but the ideal would be to enable do not disturb, forward all calls to voicemail _except_ for a list of phone numbers as indicated in the above post.

Please, Verizon, enable this simple feature.

VZHelpMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Come on Verizon...four years later and still lacking this very simple but CRITICAL feature!!!!????

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes