Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule
triplebock

I'd really like to set the Do Not Disturb (DND) function to block calls at night (with exceptions for calls from family). I set up a recurring schedule to go into DND mode between 9:30 pm to 7 am.

However, when I myself tried calling our land line from my cell yesterday (at 6 pm), I was given the "not accepting calls" message. I have experimented more with other time spans and once DND is set, it appears to block all calls regardless of what time it is and what schedule you have set. 

Obviously, part of the reason to have the phone line is to be able to take calls, at least during part of the day.

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule
rhetse4kids

I'm having the same problem.  Also, it would be nice if Simultaneous Ringing can kick in automatically once Do Not Disturb  feature's schedule terminates.

0 Likes
jcpjr621

I've called Verizon many times about this. They honestly admit that they are fully aware of the problems as they relate to the DND service; and say they are working to correct them. Well, I called approx 3 months age re this; and Im still having issues. Seems to activate fine; but never turns off as scheduled. Oh, and Verizon says to that: "just sign in and turn it off yourself"! A convenience turned inconvenient. Still not happy with their excuses...but hey...

0 Likes
iamthewalrus

Very Funny....I as well tried setting Do Not Disturb according to schedule for New Year's Day (I have a "strange" Uncle who thinks it is funny to call everyone at 8am to with a Happy New Year). Anyway,  I spoke to an analyst on 1/1/12, a case was opened and I was told it would be resolved by 1/6/12.  So what happened?  I get a call yesterday telling me the "programmers" are aware of the problem, it is being worked on and should be fixed soon.  I ask how I will now when it is fixed?  I will either get an e-mail or it will be posted on website, both answers I know are total crap. As soon as I hang up with the analyst, I get a text telling me the case I opened has been resolved and closed.  So basically, they just keep blowing this off, and by closing the cases in the prescribed timeframe, they show management how they are in compliance with their SLA (Service License Agreement). 

0 Likes
snatr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with the time zones, but there is no setting for that.

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule and unable to permanently turn off.
GeorgeGreg

Another problem.  I had DND scheduled but wasn't working properly as other messages point out.  I turned off DND and it comes back on later all by itself!  How can I permanently turn it off?

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule and unable to permanently turn off.
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Did you clear the schedule?  I had so many issues with DND, Verizon came straight out and said there is an issue with the scheduling feature, that I gave up on it.  Don't know why they don't remove it since it doesn't work, would be great if it did.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

doropalo wrote: " ...  I had so many issues with DND, Verizon came straight out and said there is an issue with the scheduling feature, that I gave up on it. Don't know why they don't remove it since it doesn't work, would be great if it did."

I have encountered issues several times with this feature, in particular this morning (11 May 12).  The application seems to change DND schedules at will, and in many cases I hear from incoming callers (later, after the actual call) that they were sent directly to voicemail with no options.   I have used similar applications in the past with both ATT CallVantage and Vonage VoIP, and the application performed per specification.  Not sure why this is so difficult under the current Verizon setup, but it seems to be a problem.

0 Likes
Berkshire2

Do Not Disturb does  not work according to schedule. It works for a day or two then it stop working. Manual activation and deactivation work fine.

0 Likes
ChuckB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here

Set up schedule but once turned on will not turn off

This feature as far as I can tell DOES NOT WORK, causes major problems,  and should not be offered until it's fixed.

Verizon owes us an explanation

0 Likes