Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule - Another Example
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately we had another instance of DND incorrect scheduling yesterday (16 May), this time involving an elderly disabled person trying to reach our home phone and being immediately sent to voice mail.  The results were only inconvenient this time, not dangerous.  But ...

It seems that the company needs to take measures to either repair the deficiency, or give users notice that it is not to be relied upon.

0 Likes
Re: Do Not Disturb does not work according to schedule
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

Unfortunately we had yet another instance of DND incorrect scheduling yesterday (24 May), this time involving an incoming call midday.  The call happened to be significant but the caller was sent immediately to voice mail, even though DND has not been in use here for some time.  Is there a simple method to determine if this situation is being addressed?

0 Likes
mccunney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still another user who cannot get Do Not Disturb to work with a schedule.

I set up a recurring schedule to not allow calls from 10PM at night until 9AM the next morning except for listed numbers of immediate family.  Instead what actually happens is that ALL callers receive a message that I am not accepting calls at ALL times.

I was given a trouble ticket to address the problem.  Still awaiting resolution.......

KnJ211
Enthusiast - Level 1

And... 3 years later DND still does not work! I set it a few months ago to turn on at 8 am and off at 8 pm, well, it remained on. It was only when I tried calling my house that I realized we were missing calls... I came onto the website and manually turned the whole thing off. Well, it randomly turns itself back on whenever it feels like!! I never know when it's back on unless someone tells me or I try calling. I have no idea how many important calls I've missed because of this!

JoeH-MA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem here.  Various tech support reps have escalated the problem to the next support level, set up trouble tickets, and DND still does not go on or off according to my schedule.  Their only suggestion is turn it on and off manually, or unplug the phone at night.  Problem is, if i do that I'll likely forget to turn it back on in the morning. 

0 Likes
kelly1
Contributor - Level 1
I have the Do Not Disturb message on all the time, due to numerous telemarketers calling...even though my number is on the Do Not Call list...but when I tried calling my home phone from my Google Number, I don't even hear the greeting. It just keeps ringing and ringing.
0 Likes
olkr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your scheduling option for DND does not work, which judging from this forum, you are well aware?

This is ridculous! I see comments dating back 4 years and you have yet to address this? Are your technicians that incompetent that they can't fix the problem, or do you just not care?

Get it fixed!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.