Do Not Disturb is disturbing
donles1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please tell me if I understand the Do Not Disturb feature correctly.

The way I read it is I can turn on DND and select whether to send calls to voicemail or a Do Not Disturb greeting.  Additionally, I can input up to ten "exempt" numbers that will by pass the above and ring through.

I selected Voicemail and input 10 numbers I want to ring through.  All calls went to voicemail, including exempt numbers.

I chatted with a VZ rep and the rep said my exempt list was empty.  I checked the list from two separate PC's and the numbers were present.  Nonetheless, I asked the rep to input the numbers which they did.  Afterwards, an exempt number was able to call through successfully.  This was yesterday.  Today, the same number went straight to voicemail.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do Not Disturb is disturbing
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try taking the phone off the hook?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dj2468
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent an hour with Verizon tech support. Turns out this is the expected behavior. If calls go to Voicemail via DND, then you CANNOT exempt 10 numbers. 

However, if you choose the second option and have callers hear the DND message, you can exempt 10 numbers but the others will NOT be able to leave a voicemail -- they essentially get blocked.

We wanted all calls to go to voicemail except a few. Turns out this isn't possible! Bummer.

-Dave

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try taking the phone off the hook?

0 Likes