Does Call Assistant (VCA) work with Digital Voice?
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I recently switched to Digital Voice.  Until that time, VCA used to pop-up on my Computer most of the time to alert me of incoming calls.

Since I switched to Digital Voice, it has not alerted me to any incoming calls.

I know I had to go into my Digital Voice options to get email alerts for incoming calls/voicemails, is there something similar I need to activate for VCA?

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Call Assistant (VCA) work with Digital Voice?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

vca does not work with the newer digital voice.   digital voice has a different system   it's located at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

if you switched over, I would get rid of the vca software.      Digital Voice doesn't have any pop up PC software.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

vca does not work with the newer digital voice.   digital voice has a different system   it's located at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

if you switched over, I would get rid of the vca software.      Digital Voice doesn't have any pop up PC software.  

0 Likes
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks,

I uninstalled VCA, so no more unable to do this, or unable to do that... type messages 🙂

Bryan.

DavidGo

I just switched to Verizon FIOS digital voice mail which has a lot of nice new features.  Does VZ have plans to provide an APP for Windows that will allow a screen popup for caller ID?  VCA did that (but the technical support was limited).  I did get it to work and the advantage was that the ID popped up even before the first ring..

Please advise.

TNX

David

0 Likes
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

..yes, I found that highly useful.

Once the number popped up on my PC, and before the first ring, I could yell to my wife in the next room that the incoming call was for her....

Would be good to have that facility back again.

Thanks,

Bryan.

0 Likes