Does Verizon still have the Off The Hook Warning Tones If I forget to hang up my receiver properly?
Bobisgreat

Does Verizon Fios home phone service offer that very loud "Off The Hook" beeping sound coming from your receiver if you forget to press the "END/OFF" button on your cordless handset or forget to properly terminate the phone call?

For my Panasonic digital phone, I need to either press the END/OFF button or put the handset receiver back in it's charging cradle in order to terminate the phone call.  If this is not done correctly, then the call continues on even though the person I was speaking with already hung up his phone!   The timer on my phone just keeps on going under I finally realize the line is still open.  Anyone who is trying to call me will get the message "The person you are trying to reach is unavailable as the called party is busy.  Please hang up and try your call again later".

Anyway I can get the Off The Hook feature to work?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon still have the Off The Hook Warning Tones If I forget to hang up my receiver proper
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I subscribe to Verizon Digital Voice and have an Avaya telephone system here at home. If I go off-hook and do nothing, the dial tone will eventually time out and the next sound I hear is a reorder (fast busy signal).

The "If you would like to make a call" intercept followed by the gratingly loud busy signal are not present with the new Packet Switches.

View solution in original post

Re: Does Verizon still have the Off The Hook Warning Tones If I forget to hang up my receiver proper
jonjones1
Legend

@Bobisgreat wrote:

Does Verizon Fios home phone service offer that very loud "Off The Hook" beeping sound coming from your receiver if you forget to press the "END/OFF" button on your cordless handset or forget to properly terminate the phone call?

For my Panasonic digital phone, I need to either press the END/OFF button or put the handset receiver back in it's charging cradle in order to terminate the phone call.  If this is not done correctly, then the call continues on even though the person I was speaking with already hung up his phone!   The timer on my phone just keeps on going under I finally realize the line is still open.  Anyone who is trying to call me will get the message "The person you are trying to reach is unavailable as the called party is busy.  Please hang up and try your call again later".

Anyway I can get the Off The Hook feature to work?

The issue is not just on companies like verizon phone service. I use a Panasonic cordless phone and an V-Tec phone for another VOIP service. (I believe verizon is using VOIP/Digital phone service not on copper) if I forget to hang up the phone makes a unk unk unk sound, not very loud but it does hang up showing the call was terminated. Same for my other VOIP service on the V-Tec phone, it disconnects but again my service send all calls to voice mails since it is not hung up.

Technology is great but we have to learn what can and cannot be done with it. I know that  both my phone services have a cell phone app which also cannot ring through if my home connection is still open.

0 Likes
Bobisgreat

So I was on the phone with a Verizon tech this afternoon.  I later tried unplugging my Panasonic digital phone and plugging in an old analog phone instead.

To my surprise, that loud "off the hook" rapidly beeping tone does work as I can hear it play when I don't hang up the receiver, but it appears that it may only work on an analog phone but not a digital one.

Not sure if this feature is available on any digital phone. 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I subscribe to Verizon Digital Voice and have an Avaya telephone system here at home. If I go off-hook and do nothing, the dial tone will eventually time out and the next sound I hear is a reorder (fast busy signal).

The "If you would like to make a call" intercept followed by the gratingly loud busy signal are not present with the new Packet Switches.