Downed copper Verizon trunk line. Called Verizon twice and nobody came out to fix it.
johnnyu85
imageTrunk cable in back of houseimagetrunk cable viewed from frontimageI tie up the trunk cable with a stringimagetrunk cable as seen from the streetimagetrunk cable pathA large copper Verizon Trunk Line has broken off the back of my house and is hanging precariously in the air between 2 houses on the verge of total collapse. This line has been on the back of my house for decades. It is so old when the house was stuccoed over they applied the stucco around the cable. The attachment clips have rusted so bad the cable broke away from the house and is hanging in mid air. This cooper line serves many other houses on the block too. It is about 3 inches thick. I called Verizon twice see below and no no one ever came out to repair it.

Sunday September 10th 2017
I called Verizon trouble at 800-837-4966 to tell them about the downed telephone line in the back of the house at {edited for privacy}. I spoke to Veronica for 16 Min. & she gave me the Conf. No. {edited for privacy}. She said that she would send an E Mail confirmation to my G Mail address but she never did.

Monday September 11th 2017
4:22PM I called Verizon again at 800-837-4966 about the downed line in the back of the house. I was on the line for 18 minutes. 6 minutes was the voice mail maze, a man came on the line and said his name was Rino (Reno). I told him I have a down line. I told Rino I had called this in on Sunday because this line serves about 30 houses on the block through a common alley. Rino asked me for the repair ticket no. Veronica gave me and I told him No. {edited for privacy} and he said there is no record of it. Rino asked me what exchanges go through the line. I said 438 & 853. Rino kept getting on and off the line. After 18 Mins he gave me the confirmation No. {edited for privacy} and said someone would be there tomorrow and they would call you before they come.

Tuesday September 12th 2017
I go to the house at {edited for privacy} to get the meter readings for Con Ed and I go in the back alley behind the house and I see the phone line is still down.

This line is about to come down all the way. How do I get fixed? Calling Verizon does not help.
0 Likes
Re: Downed copper Verizon trunk line. Called Verizon twice and nobody came out to fix it.
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi johnnyu85,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes