Echo on line after FiOS install
Moose1957

Since we have had FiOS installed, at times, callers on the outside experience and echo on the line.  This occurs if we originate the call or if they call us.  Any ideas?  Also, the initial call waiting tone for any incoming call is a sequence of a beep, tone then a ring.  After that the reminder tone is not as obnoxious as the initial indicator.

0 Likes
Re: Echo on line after FiOS install
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

Have you isolated your phones? Remove all devices from any phone jacks in the house then try a good corded phone at each jack.

We can also check into this from our end- PM me the phone number that's having trouble and I'd be more than happy to test.

0 Likes
Moose1957

Kevin, I just wondering if you ever ran a test on our line to see if the trouble was on the Verizon side.

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

I too had this when my fios was first installed - the  tech was still at my house and he told me to lower the volume on the phone and he was right it went away - so try lowering the volume and see if that helps. it worked for me - fiber allows for much clearer transmission  which is creating the echo if the volume is turned up high on your phonel  its worth a shot.,

0 Likes