Elevating issue to Executive Level
RGOCPA

30 year customer,  17 years same address with on time monthly payment record. This is my story.

I mistakenly disconnected land line service on 4/24/17.  Withing 48 hours of that decision Verizon dispatched a technician and contractor to A: apparently disconnect my service B: dig up my yard and in so doing destroyed landscaping, invisible dog fence and sprinker lines.   I was not notified of any work that had to be done once I cancled and the contractors left no information on what work was done or how to contact them if there was an issue.   I had to spend personnal time backtracking through a utility marking company to determine who the contractor was (VERIZON). I contacted Verizon who then had the contractor call me and promise to repair damage to property on 5/6/17.  No one showed or called to make other arrangments. 

I placed a call on 5/5 to reconnect the service and after three attempts by the customer service people to transfer a call within their department and almost an hour on hold or trying to speak with someone was told "everything was ok, service would be reconnected within 24 hours".  Within 2 hours I got a text notifying me of my new bill (Welcome back.... now pay us).   30 hours later no service.  Call CS again and was again dropped twice before I got someone who was properly trained.  They said service would be reestab  May 11th.   I asked for  a supervisor and was give to "C.J." who quickly made it know he was irritated that I needed help.   His point "if you hadn't disconnected service in the first place you wouldn't be in this situation".   A politely requested that the reconnect fee be waived given the damage to my property and the fact that I was lied to by contractors and Verizon CS.  His point "That ain't gonna happen".   I asked for someone else higher up the line that could work to resolve this issue and was told no one else could do it.  Apparently C.J. is the Chairman of the Board who supervises customer service on Saturdays.   I need someone higher up than "C.J." who would not give me his name to speak to.  I was told "if you find someone, give them this reference number {edited for privacy}  as the conversation reference number.   Please help or point me in the best direction.

0 Likes
Re: Elevating issue to Executive Level
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RGOCPA,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes