Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Eleven digit numbers for local calls

Irishdonk
Contributor
Contributor

Eleven digit numbers for local calls

Message 1 of 2
(544 Views)

I just switched to a Verizon bundle with land line, internet, and Direct TV.  I had to change my old Verizon phone number to do this.  Now when I try to call a local number, same area code, I have to put a 1 in front of the number.  I called Verizon, and the first two support staff said it was a programming error, and they would fix it.  Than someone called me today and said that Verizon must have made this change without telling  me when they installed my phone 4 days ago.  Has anyone else heard of this?

1 REPLY 1
armond_in_nj
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: Eleven digit numbers for local calls

Message 2 of 2
(533 Views)

@Irishdonk wrote:

... when I try to call a local number ... I have to put a 1 in front of the number ... Has anyone else heard of this?

No.  The system does require 10-digit dialing, but I haven't encountered (nor heard mention of) a situation where the international calling prefix is necessary.  Of course your calls may still go through with the 1 prefix even if it's not required.

Have you  tried dialing only the 10-digit number?.  Try it and report back.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.