Erroneous Directory Assistance Charges On Landline Bill
earthngirl
Anyone else having this issue? It's happening periodically with our bill and we absolutely are not making the calls. Verizon tested our line and found no issues. They, again, have credited our account for the charges but they informed me this was a courtesy and next time I may be held responsible. We have no kids, no one has ever been in our home except us and neither my husband or myself have ever used directory assistance.
0 Likes
Re: Erroneous Directory Assistance Charges On Landline Bill
DrJay2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year my husband did make some 411 calls not knowing that it would be charge. After that we do not make any more of 411 calls but each month we continuously get charged. When I called verizon they are of no help. one operator even told me that the phone log does not log 411 calls that is why I cannot track those calls. I intentionally make a couple of 411 calls then check the log and it show up on the log. not sure how to protect ourself other than switching provider.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes