Extended Area Calling?
jimcpl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

We have Verizon Flat rate service and "Sensible Minute".  I noticed that on our Verizon (paper) bill this month, we got a bunch of minutes charged under "Extended Area", but it doesn't list details of the called #s. 

I can't figure out why I got these extra charges (under Extended Area Calls).  I'll call Verizon on Monday to try to find out, but the only thing that we can figure out is that it might be calls to some Sprint cell phones (area code: 571, we're in area code 703).

The bill lists calls to Extended Areas 3 and 4.  Is there a way to find out where those Extended areas are?  I searched the Verizon website, but could only find the finder code, which shows the local areas, but not these "areas 3 and 4".

Thanks in advance,

Jim

0 Likes
Re: Extended Area Calling?
jimcpl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I think that we may have figured out what's going on.  While she was visiting our home recently, my daughter apparently made some calls to some friends that have an area code that is the same as our area code, but whose prefix puts them into an "extended area" (I've checked the prefixes of some of the numbers she called in the Verizon tool).

Jim

0 Likes