FAX NUMBER
Snook2

My Fax machine which is always off, is reportedly making 911 calls and I'm being visited by the local police nightly.

0 Likes
Re: FAX NUMBER
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Snook wrote:

My Fax machine which is always off, is reportedly making 911 calls and I'm being visited by the local police nightly.

<humor>

Is there even the slightest possibility that your fax machine is under attack?  These are dangerous times.

</humor>

More seriously, without further information it's impossible to give a definitive answer.  For example, is your fax machine a standalone device, is it part of your computer, is it contained in some sort of telephone device, etc.?

Also, these machines typically will continue to try to send a fax if they do not at first succeed.  Is there any possibility that something like this is going on?

Is there a chance that at some point in the past the machine actually did try to call a number that contains the "9-1-1" sequence.  This happened to me on more than one occasion due to a dialing error.

If you give us more specifics, then perhaps someone here will be able to address your issue.

0 Likes
Re: FAX NUMBER
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I would disconnect the fax machine from the phone line to see if it's really the fax machine or something else.

0 Likes