Switch Account

FAX NUMBER

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FAX NUMBER

Message 1 of 3
(1,161 Views)

My Fax machine which is always off, is reportedly making 911 calls and I'm being visited by the local police nightly.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: FAX NUMBER

Message 2 of 3
(1,153 Views)

@Snook wrote:

My Fax machine which is always off, is reportedly making 911 calls and I'm being visited by the local police nightly.

<humor>

Is there even the slightest possibility that your fax machine is under attack?  These are dangerous times.

</humor>

More seriously, without further information it's impossible to give a definitive answer.  For example, is your fax machine a standalone device, is it part of your computer, is it contained in some sort of telephone device, etc.?

Also, these machines typically will continue to try to send a fax if they do not at first succeed.  Is there any possibility that something like this is going on?

Is there a chance that at some point in the past the machine actually did try to call a number that contains the "9-1-1" sequence.  This happened to me on more than one occasion due to a dialing error.

If you give us more specifics, then perhaps someone here will be able to address your issue.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: FAX NUMBER

Message 3 of 3
(1,141 Views)

I would disconnect the fax machine from the phone line to see if it's really the fax machine or something else.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.