FILE COMPLAINT
ireneayy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who do I contact to file a complaint? My experience with Verizon is the worst customer experience I have ever had. I had ordered an internet service and was told that I would be getting ONLY internet for 24.99 a month. I agreed and signed up. Through the whole process of getting my service activated I had spoken to AT LEAST 10 DIFFERENT Verizon associates and reiterated to each and every one of them that I wanted INTERNET ONLY and it would be the 24.99 that I was promised. Every single employee assured me that this was what I was getting and that they put some sort of “note” on my account that I ONLY wanted internet. I finally received my first bill in the mail and, lo and behold, I was charged for phone service! Trying to fix this was another ordeal in itself! I had to call in several times and be transferred several times to find the right person who would fix this for me. Finally, I was transferred to Beth {edited for privacy}, only to be informed that the 24.99 was NOT AVAILABLE and that I had to pay 34.99 a month! Not only that but I could not pay by a mail-in-bill but I HAD to provide my bank account information so that it would be automatically deducted from my account. By this time I was completely fed up, frustrated, and angry that I gave in. If this issue has not been fixed or if I ever have to experience anything close to this ordeal I am going to cancel my service and take my business elsewhere. Not only that, but I will publicly make it known about the terrible service Verizon has.

Re: FILE COMPLAINT
DreadedCustomer
Contributor - Level 1

You're not alone...

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ireneayy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

ireneayy,

We are happy to help with your account services and billing, but cannot take any action until you provide your account information. After multiple requests for that information that have gone unanswered we have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any additional questions or concerns please make a new post

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
jengshiyen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any capable Verizon associate, please help me!

I am fed up and extremely frustrated with what's happened to my billing for FIOS and TV.

I would like to file a complaint regarding the false information I was provided with when your sales agents set up my account.
I recently helped my parents move into a new apartment building.  We did not have Internet or tv service and were choosing between Comcast or Verizon.  At the time, two Verizon sales women were going door to door in the apartment building helping people set up Verizon services. The two sales women, Andy and Ivy, promised that the installation charge could be waived at the time and that I could also get the activation charge of $69.99 waived as well.  They told me that my neighbors have all done it and all I needed to do was to call into Verizon and ask for the activation charge to be waived after the technician installed my services.
Andy and Ivy set up the time for the technician to come install the Fios and TV for me and again reminded me to call in to get the activation charge of $69.99 waived.
After the technician came today I immediately called Verizon to get the charge waived. I spoke with a Verizon representative named Carlos.  I explained the situation and what the Verizon sales rep that came to my apartment building  told me to do.  But Carlos stated that there were no notes mentioning the waiver of the activation fee in my account and without those notes there's nothing he could do.  I became confused and frustrated because I wouldn't know what was noted in my account by the Verizon reps, and I didn't have Internet access to order the services online.  Two actual Verizon reps came into my apartment building to help people set up and I did what I was told to do to get the activation fee waived.
I also explained the main reason for chosing Verizon over Comcast is because of the waiver of the activation fees and installation fees.  The activation fee itself is more than my monthly service charge! I would not have gotten Verizon if it included the activation fee.
I asked to speak with Carlos Supervisor because he told me that they have the power to waive the fee.  Carlos told me that his Supervisor just got off the line and is open to help me out. I was transferred but was on put on hold for 40mins until I was disconnected. Now I have no way of getting back in contact with Carlos or his Supervisor about this issue.

After another 48hrs, I called Verizon again regarding the same problem.  A customer service rep named Crystal checked my inquiry and stated that the $69.99 has been waived that was why no Supervisor contacted me back.

Well, I received my bill auto-payment statement today and found out that nothing was changed.  I was still charged the $69.99 in installments.

I tried again to call and find out exactly what happened but has been on hold for the last two hours.
All I want to do is get the activation fee of $69.99 waived like I was promised when the Verizon reps set up my services.
Please have someone with the power to waive the fee contact me. It is extremely frustrating and tiring to not receive the waiver I was promised and waited hours over the phone to no avail.

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

jengshiyen,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
H8Veriz0n1029

I am extremely frustrated right now with Verizon Customer Service. 

I've been with Verizon for roughly 2.5 years by now.  I had the Triple play package with Extreme TV, 25mbps (which later I upgraded to 50), and phone.  My old contract was up end of last year and I resigned at a more expensive price for the same service.  I thought it was because of inflation.  So one day I decided to call in to see if they have any special packages or any suggestions as to how I can reduce my monthly bill. 

1st Representative I spoke to:

Offered me 10% discount on my package as well as downgrading my tv from Extreme to Prime and upgrading my internet from 50 to 75 mbps.  I thought it was ok but told her don't change it until I verify with my husband if he is ok with it since Prime does not have all the sports channels.  She said she already put the paperwork through.  I can call back by end of the week to cancel it if my husband didn't want that.  So we hung up.  I looked at the new package deal we made and thought about it some more.  I'm like why did I downgrade my TV for when I could have just stuck with my old plan and upgrade my internet for 10 bucks for the same price.  If she can apply the 10% discount on top of that instead, it would be better. 

2nd Representative:

I called back the day after and couldn't get a hold of the 1st representative.  I asked them is there any direct line or if they can check who it was that I spoke to about our deal.  They said they don't have direct lines.  Also they can't find out the name of the person I last spoke to since they only have code numbers.  They said they will leave a message for that person to call me back.  I waited couple days and there were no call backs.  The end of the week is coming close and I don't want the new plan to take place so I call back diligently.  I had no choice but to work with a new representative.  I had to repeat what was discussed between me and representative #1.  She tells me there is no records indicating the agreed 10% discount.  I asked if she can replay the recording of our conversation.  She tells me they can't access those records.  So we go back and forth.  I told her just change my plan back to what it was.  She tells me they can't do that because my old package doesn't exist anymore.  So I complained that wasn't what the other person said.  She said I can change it back as long as I call back by end of the week.  Due to my persistence they agreed to give me the new Extreme Package (which includes movie channels like HBO/Showtime) for the same price I was paying before.   I'm like ok so can I get that, upgrade my internet to 75, and get the 10% discount.  They finally agreed on it.  I ask the rep what will be my total bill/month including all taxes and fees.  She told me $122.  I asked her to clarify that that was what I was responsible to pay out of pocket every month.  She confirmed it.  I was happy at that point but then I get a confirmation email after we hung up which pricing did not match what we discussed at all. 

3rd Rep:

I called back to complain that the confirmation email does not match to what was discussed and agreed on.  Again I can't get a reach of the same rep and had to deal with a new rep.  So this new rep seems sort of clueless as to what was agreed on or what was discussed.  Aren't they supposed to keep detail records of everything?  Regardless I again had to reiterate what was discussed previously.  She told me that special deals are not listed out on email confirmations since those are not regular package prices.  Special discounts will be applied on the bill itself.  So there is no documentation on my end to verify what was agreed upon other than my own memory and the voice recording that Verizon has.  She told me to check back next week because maybe the deal has taken place in the system yet because it might be pending manager sign off.  I'm like ok.....what other choice do I have.  Couple weeks passed and I didn't bother to call back again.  I decided maybe it is best to wait for the bill.  If the bill comes out correctly then I don't have to waste my time calling back. 

4th rep:

The bill finally comes and as I was afraid to see the bill came up to $143.37.  So I call Verizon back already expecting to have to reiterate myself again.  So I find out that 143.37 is actually a partial monthly payment since the plan didn't take place for the whole month and that my actual monthly bill is actually $154 every month after that.  That is over $30 more than the agreed $122.  She saids the only note she sees is that they gave me a $15 discount on my tv package.  I'm like yea that was because Verizon screwed up and change my plan without my authorization so the manager agreed to give me the new and more expensive Extreme package for the same price.  But on top of that I was supposed to get a 10% discount which was what I was originally fighting for.  She saids she sees no note of that at all.  I asked again to replay all our previous conversations with the other reps and she said they don't have those records.  Now I'm waiting for a manager to call me back. 

My advise to you all who makes a deal with Verizon next time to record the conversation yourself on your cell phone or have it somehow documented (although Verizon refuses to send you any type of confirmation).  I shouldn't have to repeat myself or tell the rep what was discussed previously.  All of this should have been recorded and documented so there are no mistakes and arguments later on.  This is really bad customer service and I lost all my trust with Verizon.  I can never take them seriously again.  I'm definitely going to shop around for another service. 

0 Likes
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is great until something goes wrong. They are then one of the most worthless companies to deal with I have ever encountered. I have never had a satisfactory experience with Verizon customer support for any issue, ever. I never thought I'd say this, but AT&T has provided better service.

hanee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had similar experiences. Tweet about it, blog about it.. I get better help that way.

Verizon overall is not a well organized company. The overall impression is that there are a lot of people doing what they want and that leads to a poor user experience.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Morning, 
We hadn't heard back from you on your private support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes