FIOS CALLER ID DISPLAYS ON TV, BUT NOT ON PHONE
geezplaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have had FIOS for about 3 weeks, and after a bit of a rocky start everything works fine except for Caller ID. When the tv is on incoming calls are displayed on the screen. But when the tv is turned off my Panasonic Cordless phone with talking caller ID merely displays "incoming call" and no longer talks at all.. Have contacted Verizon twice with this problem and had suggestions of unplugging and replugging in the phone or that it was a switching problem and that it would be fixed. Still a problem when the tv is turned off. I searched the posts in here and found one other person who seemed to be having the same problem but no solution was offered. Thought I'd try once more before I called Verizon again. Thanks

0 Likes
Re: FIOS CALLER ID DISPLAYS ON TV, BUT NOT ON PHONE
Justin46
Legend

Did it ever display on the phone with FiOS before you got Caller ID on TV working? If not, my guess would be that maybe you don't have that service activated for your phone service even though it works on the TV (TV depends on Verizon Call Assistant, phone does not). Go to My Verizon and sign in, click on the Home Phone tab, then click on Add/Change Features, and make sure the Caller ID features(s) are checked (there are two features, I have both, don't know if that will make any difference). You probably should also click on the Additional Features option and see if the Call Waiting ID box is checked (mine is).

I have all of the above options checked, my Caller ID worked just fine for years before I got Caller ID on TV, and still works with the TV working.

You might also try turning off the Caller ID on TV function to see if that has any effect on the display on your phone.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
geezplaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestions, but everything is activated and checked. Before FIOS I had Verizon DSL which also featured caller ID . It's pretty much since I have FIOS that the telephone Caller ID has stopped working.

0 Likes
Dxny

JUNE 12, 2013

The same thing happend to me.

The Caller ID  displayed on the TV, but on the phone I would mostly get "incoming call".

understand this does not relate to getting the phone message "Private Call", "unavailable"

etc.  The phone would only say "incoming call" for most of the calls.

At first I thought it was just the weather or I thought it was just a glitch that would fix itself.

That wasn't the case.  I looked online and found this forum. However nobody had

an answer.

SOLUTIONS I USED:  THESE SOLUTIONS DID NOT WORK

- unplug the power cord on the phone, wait 5 mins and replug it again to reset the phone

- test the phone to see if it works for local incoming calls only

- wait for the 2nd or 3rd ring to see if Caller ID will show the number, name or both

- checked the Verizon web site to see if there is a new setting or a setting that needs to be filled or checked.

At this point, the caller ID would sometimes work on the phone (possibly 30% of the time). But basically,

it still didn't work correctly on the phone. Meanwhile the Caller ID on the TV stiil worked correctly.

UPDATE: POSSIBLE SOLUTION (JUNE 2013)

- I called Verizon and explained the problem. They reset their software with my account. The phone was tested and so far that appears to have solved the problem.

0 Likes
geezplaya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info, however I should have posted an update. Out of the blue it started working. And FIOS has now in the menu something that says "fix caller ID". That worked or either it just started working, I can't remember. It worked fine for about six months and then suddenly it stopped working. Number would flash on tv when it was on but not on phone. Verizon told me it was my phone. They tried everything and came here twice and luckily did not charge me. Finally although the phone worked fine I had to buy a new phone to get that Caller ID to work on the phone. My old phone was about 7 years old. Installed the new phone and voila it all worked fine. Go figure.

0 Likes