FIOS Digital Phone Calling Features
sams25

I have many problems with the new FIOS Digital phone Calling Features. I just wish the features would work the way the old ones worked. The set up was perfect before. Here are some of my issues. Does anyone have any answers.

-I have been told they cannot fix the Locate Me issue and it is not going to be changed from the way it is set up now. The old system with Line Busy, Don’t Answer used to work perfectly. When a call came into the first line, it would go to the second line then forward to the second lines voice mail. With the new system, it won't leave a message at the second line. Now I have to call and check 2 voice mail boxes and it is simply too inconvenient with my busy lifestyle.

-The call waiting beep is too loud and it cuts out the voices. They had corrected this on the old system and the problem is back.

- When picking up messages, we used to be able to press 1 at the very beginning of the prompts and would not have to listen to it tell you that you have many messages. I don’t want to listen to all that if I am in a hurry. I know I can change the setting so it does not tell me the number of messages but I like it there when I am not in a hurry. The old system did this. 

-Also, when picking up messages, it does not stop and tell you when it is starting to tell you the saved messages. This is a problem because you might not be sure if it is a new message from someone you talk to often and you have to re-listen to the message until you are sure you already heard the message and saved it.

-An easier number to memorize for picking up voice mail would be better. A lot of repetition and also they should use numbers easy to dial while holding other things and walking through an airport. 1-888-234-6786 is not good at all.

-When I make an the caller ID and Call Waiting do not work. If I answer an incoming call the Caller ID and Call Waiting do work.

- If I made an outgoing call and someone calls in, they hear the phone ringing but I don't know it because Caller ID and Call Waiting don't work. Then the call forwards (which is set to OFF) to another line and rings (now I can see that someone is calling) then the call goes back to the voice mail of the original line.

-I have never been able to hear the busy message. I wonder when someone actually hears it.

-the setting on the internet do not work. I have shut off Locate Me and Call Forwarding and used *73 and calls are being forwarded on 2 lines. UGH!  I wish they would  get their act together.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Phone Calling Features
VZ_Shawn
Contributor - Level 1

Hi. I'm sorry for all the trouble wou are experiencing. I'd be happy to help. Please provide as much info as possible on the following form so that I may look into these issues for you. https://www22.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/ ShawnG

0 Likes
paulb11

Shawn G's reply is just what I'm starting to expect - a customer provides details of a problem or problems (excruciatingly detailed), and the Verizon reply says fill in this form.

I, too, have had several complaints about the lack of "customer friendliness" of Verizon voicemail that are still unresolved, but the reason I'm replying to this is that the Verizon toll-free number is apparently used to call customers - and the caller ID for the number isn't provided. 

I'm happy with caller ID - and use it regularly to ignore calls from numbers that don't show the caller's identification.

Thus, the call made to my landline last night went unanswered - and any other calls you make to me from an anonymous number won't be answered unless a valid ID is included.

For the time being, though, I won't block the number - but I won't be answering calls from the "unknown" caller/number.

paulb1

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

On the first issue, it sounds like you are looking for a rotary or a hunt feature.  that will only work with Business Digital Voice Customers.  they have an extra section on the website under administration which is specifically labeled line hunting.   That is if you have multiple lines in the house.  The locate me feature, from my understand, only works for lines outside of your house?  I couldn't get that to work with my line 1 and line 2.      below is a description of line hunting for clarity.    If I am confusing what you are looking for then I apologize. 

@sams25 wrote:

I have many problems with the new FIOS Digital phone Calling Features. I just wish the features would work the way the old ones worked. The set up was perfect before. Here are some of my issues. Does anyone have any answers.

-I have been told they cannot fix the Locate Me issue and it is not going to be changed from the way it is set up now. The old system with Line Busy, Don’t Answer used to work perfectly. When a call came into the first line, it would go to the second line then forward to the second lines voice mail. With the new system, it won't leave a message at the second line. Now I have to call and check 2 voice mail boxes and it is simply too inconvenient with my busy lifestyle.

Line Hunt

Forward calls in a specific order through the office before they hit Voice Mail. Your office phone lines can be set up in a prearranged sequence to forward unanswered calls from one line to another until they are answered or reach the last line in the group. The option is also available on Voice Messaging, Call Forwarding or any lines within the hunt group.

0 Likes
edfnest

I have tried and tried to get someone to help us understand the calling features such as call blocking and *69 and if you even get to a customer service rep, they give you the run around and connect you to someone that is not even involved in that area. Heck, I cannot even find it on the site either.

Ifg I do get a customer service rep they act like I am bothering them or the biggest one I get is that someone will call us back! Yeah like it ever happens.

We are going back to Time warner cable for at least they are close by and you do not have to run all over Bergen county looking for a verizon store that deals with cable boxes or dvr's!

0 Likes