FIOS Digital Voice compatible with DSC PC1550 currently working on analog service?
Kazzee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would like to change my FIOS bundle to save some money, but was told by a FIOS rep that Digital Phone service is my only option moving forward.  I was told by the rep that they are not aware of any issues using Digital Phone with older analog home secuity system.  My home security system is a DSC PC1550 (vintage 1995). 

Can anyone please verify that the Verizon FIOS Digital Phone service is indeed compatible with my DSC PC1550 alarm panel as you personally have it working fine yourself?  If working, what changes, if any, were required to make this work?

Everything I have tried to review online suggests that Digital Phone service (not necessarily FIOS) with a DSC PC1550 will not work.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice compatible with DSC PC1550 currently working on analog service?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

It will not working. If your home alarm service is Analog, it will not work with any of the Verizon FIOS phone services. I apologize if you were told otherwise. One reason is the voltage level is lower on Verizon FIOS phone services, it is not read correctly by analog alarm system. They require higher voltage levels as characterized by a non digital phone line. If the alarm system you had at your house was "Digital Phone Compatible" , then any phone service you got from Verizon FIOS would work. It's a shame this is not the case.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice compatible with DSC PC1550 currently working on analog service?
Kazzee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anthony_VZ, thanks for your response.  Are you aware of any adapters or add-on devices added to the phone line going to the alarm panel that could still make Digital Voice work with my DSC PC1550?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Not that I am aware. That would be a better question for your alarm company. I believe they can retrofit your alarm system with an updated alarm panel that is digital phone service compatible. Once again though, that would be a questions for them.

0 Likes