FIOS Digital Voice "Busy Greeting" flaw
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Hello,

I have a personal answering machine for my calls. So to make sure my voice mails go to my answering machine (and not FIOS voicemail), I simply set the number of rings on FIOS to 6 (so my answering machine kicks in first). No problem. Works fine.

BUT, what I did notice is that when I'm on the line and people call they still have to sit through 6 rings to  hear my "busy greeting" and then leave a message.  That can't be right.

Is that really how the system is supposed to function? Or is this a flaw that can be fixed?

Shouldn't the call go straight to my Verizon "busy greeting" voicemail when I'm on the line? That's how other digital phone systems work.

I really like this feature (as I have a home business), but it seems counterproductive that the phone needs to ring 6 times before the caller gets an "I'm on the other line..." message. Does anyone know if I can at least somehow change the number of rings JUST for my "busy greeting?" That would be a good workaround.

Thanks for any assistance. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice "Busy Greeting" flaw
prisaz
Legend

I never realy thought of that. But I have called my house when someone was on the phone and yes I believe it did ring the number of rings before going to voice mail.

Setting the number of rings for busy don't answer transfer to voicemail would be nice, or transfer directly fo voicemail on busy line.

Please add an idea here and I will vote.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Digital Voice "Busy Greeting" flaw
Redfran
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion Mark.

I've added my gripe to the Share Your Ideas forum.

0 Likes